Monday, April 27, 2009

She has been living a life...

... of little note. And I am perfectly fine with that.

I would love to say that I have not posted in over a month because I have been overwhelmingly busy with amazing projects and adventures. The truth is that I have been underwhelmed with an endless series of small projects and extra hours at work. A paper here...a jazz chart there...another paper here...a lesson plan there...a lot of piano practice everywhere. I have begun assembling my Phase 3 Portfolio (pre-student teaching requirement), which can be a bit challenging at times. I sometimes struggle to put completely musical, aural, and affective learning experiences into formal, academic terms.

But the end of the term is near- May 19th will be here soon!

It has rained 6 out of the last 9 days. This is something I would do!
Image courtesy: imagecache2.allposters.com

But it has not been all monotonous. Last weekend I had the good fortune of performing on a friend's senior recital. She played very well, and it was a pleasure to be a part of her project. I have been busy transcribing jazz charts for the Famous Graves, which is totally new territory for me. Until recently I have done very little transcription work.

Also, my Muffin and I have found an apartment in the city! The Muffin surprised me by wanting to scope out studio apartments instead of 2 bedroom units. We found a tiny & charming unit that will have us a lot of money- money that can go toward paying-off student loans and growing a savings account. I actually like the idea of downsizing a lot. Keeping only what we really need or love. And, I think the best part of the apartment is that it is only a few blocks away from my sister. Endless slumber party!


In more somber news, my Muffin's grandmother left us this past Friday afternoon. The 93 year-old matriarch had been ailing for years. Her passing brought a deep sense of relief to my mother-in-law and my husband. Friday was beautiful here- unseasonably warm, full of sunshine, and the gentle breeze carried the scent of spring. From the stories that I have heard about her, I found it rather fitting that she made her quiet and peaceful exit on the most lovely day of the year.

Peace too you all.
Merry writings.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have been having your share of adventures... :) Congrats on the new apartment :)

    Please give my condolences to your Muffin for his loss. It's comforting to know she rode on the Spring breeze to her next adventure :)

    ReplyDelete